Home Forums Modern AAR: 28mm Modern Africa Wars, No End in Sight Reply To: AAR: 28mm Modern Africa Wars, No End in Sight

Participant

Craig:

More Legion Etrangere, the people of France salute you! I became a little nostalgic when I saw you Matchbox Saladin. I had one which was either Matchbox or a Dinky Toy when I was a kid and yours brought back some fond memories to me. Your jungle terrain looks great and your scratch built buildings look really well done.  I am very impressed. I am planning a 15mm foray into modern African conflict and will be using French troops and kit, but aside from a few vehicle purchases that is still in the future. Right now I am struggling to find the time to paint Taliban and US Marines as well as US Army infantry to start a modern campaign set in Afghanistan. I found a little time tonight to start assembling four Cougar 6×6 MRAP’s and to prime some Marines but time is at a premium these days, so progress is slow.

The picture you posted of the Panhard AML 90 with the crewman leaning against it was intriguing. I was pressed for time so I did not thoroughly search your post for an explanation of the picture. What is the back-story to the photo?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson