Home Forums General General I need advice on a vice Reply To: I need advice on a vice

2nd gen minifigs are not the most detailed figures in the world.  Right?  They are also small.  So it might be easier to cut the hand off entirely.  Then sculpt a new hand around a length of rod (brass, copper, florist wire whatever) and stick it to the figure.

Make a ball of putty (green stuff or sculpt) about the size of the figure’s fist.

Run the wire through the fist.  It will stretch so you will be reshaping it with a tooth pick or knife blade.

Stick the fist to the wrist of the figure.

Note: When you cut the hand off, you might leave a little stump so you have sort of a pin to stick the new hand to.  Definitely shave it down so it is thinner.

Years ago I used this method on my Napoleonic line lancers.  My medium was glue…because I was 12 and had no money.  I also used sewing pins as lances.  I think putty is the way to go.  So go get your sculpt on!

John

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

--Abraham Lincoln