Home Forums General Game Design One Hour Wargames book -simple rules missing ONE thing Reply To: One Hour Wargames book -simple rules missing ONE thing

Andrew Beasley
Participant

Well after another trip to A&E over the weekend at the local hospital I’ll not have to rattle dice as I’m now rattling – 12 tablets, up to 8 eye drops and a cream every day for the next couple of weeks on top of the mental health issues I’m going to have to spend time on games for relief…

I’ve joined the AMW group – did not know that style of group still existed outside of the Linux development crowd but will work through the old posts.

I like the idea of cutting down the numbers of figures depending on troops – I’ll need to track skirmish, regular and heavy types of troops – maybe by label, base colour or number of flags (more the better?) I think.  Big beasts (Giants / Dragons) can go one per base with maybe Ogres reaching three or four…

Not sure what to say about the revolt / retreat other than I have seen crowds act like that where the smallest thing has a major impact (butterfly effect) and was a fascinating study subject in managing change.

As for figures, I’m torn between 10mm and 6mm (15s being too costly for me now) with a strong leaning to the Magister Militum 10s if I can cope with the site long enough to order (UI programmer needs to finish course) – if you want a laugh search for elf and try to work out why the tanks come up.  To start with though, I’m going to scribble out the notes I have and make some paper figures to try them out – I may even have some top down figures from a few years ago on disk somewhere…