Home Forums General General Painting 10mm Samurai…help! (Updated 12/07) Reply To: Painting 10mm Samurai…help! (Updated 12/07)

Kitfox
Participant

I’m painting Kallistra ACW at the moment – this is my Wargames standard. Kallistra ACW Union would you be happy with achieving something like this standard? if so, some simple rules: brushes – but a set of Army Painter brushes. select the Wargamer: Detail Brush and block paint the basic colours – work with darker than standard uniform colour. now select brush Wargamer: Kolinsky Masterclass. Paint each blocked colour with the standard uniform colour you want but only painting the central and raised areas. Leaving darker painter where other colours/parts of the uniform are. then with same brush, use a highlight colour, quite bright, and just touch raises and central detail with this bright colour for each colour on the figure. example for flesh. Block paint flesh a dark brown. Highlight with a dark/sunburnt flesh colour/highlight with light flesh colour. you can then choose to apply a wash – I recommend a dark brown enamel wash. If you don’t want mix this up yourself simply buy Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color (Dark Brown). This stuff works wonders!

Thanks, that’s incredibly helpful.  If I can get anywhere near that standard I’ll be happy.

Death to all fanatics!