Home Forums Ancients The Society of Ancients magazine, Slingshot [#332], is with the printers … Reply To: The Society of Ancients magazine, Slingshot [#332], is with the printers …

John D Salt
Participant

Mr. Picky would like to make it clear that there never was any confusion, and I wouldn’t like people to think I was whingeing about the publicity materials being confusing/unclear/obtuse/deceptive/written in cuneiform.
I am now a member of the Society of Ancients, and wondering why on earth I didn’t join years ago. I have been vaguely thinking I should join for years, but the extremely tempting contents of the current issue were, no doubt, a useful stimulus to get me to get around to it.
It seems there is not the slightest problem about getting a copy of the current issue; all I have to do is order it (with a slight hint of time travel) as a back issue. What’s more, as a freshly-minted SoA member, I’ll get a discount on it.
The e-mails I have received from the society’s officers have been more prompt, efficient, and kind than anyone could reasonably expect, and included the offer of cancelling my subscription if I had made the order in error (which I don’t want to — if one issue is good, presumably six are even better).
So, absolutely no complaints from me. In the words of the old McEwan’s advert, quite the reverse.

All the best,

John.