Home Forums Modern An idea for 3mm terrain Reply To: An idea for 3mm terrain

Participant

You can see what I did, here:

The village base is a piece of painted cloth whose margins are delineated by coarse-flocked hedges. It is pinned to the mat with flocked tacks and stick pins.

The buildings are based on 2 cm x 2 cm plastic bases and they are placed on the village base. When I need to put infantry in the village, I remove as many bases as needed.

In the background, you can see a farm which works on the same general principle, although its bases are 3 cm x 4 cm. You can, of course, make your building bases as small or as big as you need them. I just happened to have a lot of 2×2 plastic bases lying around so I’m using them, for the most part. I will make some bigger and smaller bases, however. The Church, in fact, is on a 4×2 base.

Why base the buildings at all? You don’t have to, but it allows you to make nifty little mini -dioramas. You can’t see it from this angle, but behind the church, there’s a little windmill on a hill. Now I only need some 3mm sheep to put on it! (Marcin…?)

If you want to get even more persnickety, you can paint the buildings on your village and farm cloths. Mine are currently just done in bare earth.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!