Home Forums General Game Design How do you feel about new game mechanics? Reply To: How do you feel about new game mechanics?

repiqueone
Participant

Striving for consensus is totally unnecessary, Tim.  We can just wait until McLaddie posts and settles the matter.    The next post if I’m not mistaken. (see immediately below).

Quite honestly, I think that, in general, both RPG and Fantasy miniatures have been FAR more innovative and clever in rule mechanics than historical designs.  Part of this is the feeling by many gamers that certain “historical” approaches are required, and certain recurring patterns are all too often repeated.  There are a lot of good ideas in boardgaming as well.  Thank heaven that some people swim upstream in design approaches, otherwise we would only have the rip-offs, copy-cat lifts, and same old, same old in even more game designs.

I especially love the “I designed my own rules which are a lot like (fill in DBM, FnF, VNB), but COMPLETELY original!!! ‘

See:  http://www.repiquerules.com/page2/files/4f663714f4bf20e9104b92de4c4b6ea3-114.html

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by repiqueone.