Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi My attempts at 3D work Reply To: My attempts at 3D work

Andy Cummings
Participant

Well done Michael – looking good, I guess this means less commissions from you now 🙁

The above model would be easy to print, recommend you shell/hollow it so you use less material, which means lower cost – especially through the likes of shapeways. As a nice trick for shapeways add smaller models inside the hollowed out building and attach them to the inside walls with a couple of sprues – this way you have paid for the volume to be printed with the building and then you are only paying the cost of material for the parts inside the hollow.  Also this way you only pay one setup fee for one model as all teh smaller models are attached to teh inside of the building.

BTW – probably one of the best and easiest FREE 3d cad packages around can be found at onshape – sign up for their free tier – requires a bit of management in terms of files but its powerful and will get even better as they constantly add to it.  The free version is not crippled in any way.

Oh it runs in a browser, Chrome and Firefix preferred.

Regards
Andy