Home Forums General General Welcome to the General Forum Reply To: Welcome to the General Forum

Jeff Glasco
Participant

Hi,

I’m Jeff, and I’ve been playing historical minature wargames since 1982 when I got a job at the local game store and the owner introduced me to historical miniature wargames. I also played a lot of board games (mostly Avalon Hill) from 1975 to 1990, but since then it’s been mostly historical miniatures. I’ve tried a lot of different rules, but now my favorites are the original Piquet, Volley & Bayonet, and a variety of rules from Two Hour Wargames. Most of my figures are 15mm or smaller, but the Perry plastic figure have made me a real fan of 25mm figures. As far as periods go, I’ll try anything, but my favorites are the American Revolution, Napoleonics, World War Two, and the American Civil War. I don’t do much in terms of non-historical gaming other than playing the Star Wars X-Wing game with my 14 year old son.

Otherwise, I’m a college/university professor and mostly teach World History, English, British, Irish, Scottish, and Atlantic World History in my regular face to face job liberal arts college job and historical theory, historical writing, and do the senior seminar in my extra job for an online university. I now live in the Pacific Northwest of the United States, but I’ve lived in all around the United States, Mexico City, London, and when I was an infantry lieutenant I lived in what was then West Germany (yes that was a long time ago). With two jobs, a wife, two kids, a dog, and two cats, I’ve been a bit swamped with other aspects of life recently and not played many games so far in 2014, but I’ve enjoyed just being able to paint figures and not worry if I have the next game ready. You can read more about my gaming activities at my blog: http://jdglasco.wordpress.com/.