Home Forums Medieval Well colour me Norman Reply To: Well colour me Norman

Rod Robertson
Participant

Paintpig:

I’ve been painting minis for years and am reasonably capable of doing a decent job but for faces. They are the bane of my hobby experience. This was not a difficult problem in 6mm and 15mm minis and 54mm and 70mm models/display miniatures but the evil War Pamda has lured me into the realm of 28mm gaming minis for Saga skirmish games and I am a bit intimidated about how to go about painting many figures’ faces well in a reasonable amount of time. I recently bought some Wargames Foundry fantasy Greeks for a Ray Harryhausen inspired game to run at my club. These figures include Dark-age Greeks, Centuars, Satyrs, Minotaurs, Manticores, Chimera, a Bronze Bull, Harpies, Skeletons (the Teeth of the Hydra),a Hydra, Soldiers of Colchis, Trojans, Amazons, etc. I have been ┬ápracticing on these poor, hapless figures in preparation for when the Saga armies arrive and can be prepared for painting. So far I am not pleased with the results of my facial forays, despite the Wargames Foundry and Mirliton figures being excellent castings with fine detail.

So, I really do appreciate it when I can see others’ work and especially when that work is of very good quality. Thus, thanks again for posting and I will look forward to your future posts.

Cheers and keep up the great work.

Rod Robertson.