Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Imaginary countries? Reply To: Imaginary countries?

Iain Fuller
Participant

Hello Ivan,

I’m actually starting an Age of Eagles project where I’m doing something similar. It is born from my obsession with the German states armies and a need to find a framework that can justify having say the late Hannoverian army fighting the Westfalian army.

It is based in an alernative history 1815 and uses the premise that a deal was struck in 1813 engineered by Metternich that meant that Napoleon abdicates and is now the King of Italy – haven’t decided wether Louis Phillipe or Louis XVIII ges the throne of France yet. To keep the Prussians in check in Germany two new countries have appeared west of the Rhine: Gd Duchy of Pfalz (ruled by Eugene de B. – he was married to a Bavarian princess after all) and Kgdm of Julich-Kleve-Berg (not sure who to give this one to) which covers the rest of the Rhineland and Westfalia not reclaimed by Hesse-Kassel and Hannover. I’ve based these on historical lands and will use the armies of Kleve-Berg and Westfalia respectively for their forces. I’m also planning on Luxembourg and Belgium being around too – Luxembourg will be about the nearest to pure imagi-nation as I’ll get but I am basing uniforms on later ones and the army on the later Bund contingent, Belgium will be based on Belgian Legion. As much as possible all units will be historical although I am making a few changes here and there – i.e increased the amount of cavalry Nassau has slightly and given them a battery of guns (they actually received them afer Waterloo as a prize) – but all sort of justified.

So just an excuse to paint up as many different forces as possible really, I’m toying with the idea of doing a blog about it.

I think the biggest heresy I might make is that I’ve always fancied building a French Restoration army……….

Cheers,

Iain

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Iain Fuller.