Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Which bit of the 18th century attracts you most, and why? Reply To: Which bit of the 18th century attracts you most, and why?

Loyalhanna
Participant

I am interested in the FIW,SYW, and AWI. Each is unique unto itself. The FIW lends itself well to skirmish and small battles. You have the gambit of troop types from regulars, provincials, militia, Indians, and civilians. The terrain is awesome to game in and forts and stockades are nice added items. Plus it helps when you were born ,raised, and live where all this took place. The SYW has all the color one would want for uniforms(even pink!). Troop types abound and it is small enough that you could field an entire army or wing. The AWI is another favorite for colors and troop types and through in the Indians as well. Cav and artillery do not dominate unless your at Yorktown. It is also small enough to collect entire armies. I have Cornwallis’ entire army at Yorktown in 15mm plus Clinton’s relief force painted and ready for action. I still have to finish my Continentals and start my French. That about does it.