Home Forums General General ‘accuracy vs. looking right’ Reply To: ‘accuracy vs. looking right’

Participant

What looks right every time, of course the beauty of 1/285th scale is that front depth and height take on more realistic proportions particularly with massed troop formation armies. Of course in such a small scale being out by a millimetre is a big discrepancy so some thought has to be put in to the design.

In my opinion model makers do lose their way at times, for instance a door for 6mm size figures will be at least 7mm in height in a domestic situation, in a commercial or industrial building it would be 8mm…. this reflects what happens in the real world. Ceilings are nominally 2400mm in a domestic building and in an industrial situation more often than not 3000mm or higher.

I’m assuming you will put your buildings on bases to correct the base disparity? They are nice looking buildings by the way.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
Slowly Over A Low Flame