Home Forums WWII Fight in the Phillipines, Dec 41 Reply To: Fight in the Phillipines, Dec 41

Just Jack
Participant

You two need to lay off the medicinal marijuana!

Just kidding, sorry, I’m not used to people being nice to me 😉

I’m glad you guys are enjoying the story.  I’ve played all six fights now, we’re done with the Philippines (should have the last batrep posted on Thursday).  It was a lot of fun; I do have one small complaint: it’s a lot of work tracking every individual troop in the platoon.  I don’t mind doing it as long as it’s adding to the story, but that’s my complaint.  Could be that it was just this campaign and future campaigns will be different, but other than the Platoon Commander and Platoon Sergeant, I didn’t really feel attached to any of the Marines.

Only one of the original squad leaders survived, and the sniper was awarded the Navy Cross, but none of the other Marines distinguished themselves in any way.   Like I said, not sure it this just didn’t happen in this particular campaign, and future campaigns will see more characters emerge, and I’m not sure what I could do about it any case (maybe just follow the PC, Plt Sgt, team leaders, and squad leaders?).  Guess I’m just whining 😉

But I can do that, you guys are my sounding board.  What do you think?

V/R,
Jack