Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi 6mm Sword-and-Planet? Reply To: 6mm Sword-and-Planet?

Stroezie
Participant

Shortening the beams would indeed be one of the things that need to be done to the buildings.

I’m also thinking about adding on a thicker skin of greenstuff/milliput so I could add some bubble windows and rework the entrances a bit.

I’m making some new flyers taking care to leave no small pinholes during construction and I’ve modified the design a little to get rid of most of the undercuts.

As to the minis, I have a pretty good idea of what I have to do when next I sculpt some tentacle dudes to make them more caster friendly but anyways that would definately be a long term project so I still have time to learn more.

On a side note, I’ll tell you a few of my trade secrets, the jet exhausts on the fliers are .144 airrifle pellets and the landing gear/anti grav pods on the bottom are plastic half beads for scrapbooking. Both of these are dirt cheap and easy to source. Would you mind if you ordered a model and got a resin cast of the main body together with these items which you would then have to glue on yourselves?

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0