In our opinion as designers, it is incumbent upon us to provide support for a number of reasons. Some of these benefit the players and some benefit us, for example:
- You have paid good money for our games,
- We are not perfect and sometimes what we write does not make sense to those that read it,
- It is an excellent source of design feedback for us,
- We want people to enjoy our games as much as we do,
- It is free market research, and
- We like to encourage and support people to be creative with our rules.
A designer who publishes and game and then abandons it, is doomed to see it fade away.
The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare