Home Forums Ancients Inventing an army Reply To: Inventing an army

Thaddeus: your links about the Sea Peoples have nothing new (I hope that doesn’t sound snarky: it’s not meant that way). I’d oppose the claim that the Egyptians knew who the SPs were, hence their failure to go into any detail about them. I don’t think the Egyptians really cared too much about anything happening outside Egypt & often relied on formulas & vague pronouncements about foreigners. Their earlier account of a voyage to the land of Punt is typical. It’s all about what “tribute” they could send Egypt; nothing on where the place was. Or their relative silence on the Hebrews (much to the annoyance of Biblical scholars).

Indeed, I’d have said that little new has been written about the SPs for many years….until I read your link that extrapolates a connection between the Baltic “massacre” & the Sea Peoples. Now that’s suggestive. I would really like to read an analysis of global weather conditions of the time in order to assess the motives for escalating aggression & possible Folk Movement.

donald

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Deleted User.