Home Forums WWII Bolt Action in 15mm Reply To: Bolt Action in 15mm

Rod Robertson
Participant

Northern Monkey:

Bolt Action lends itself to club games because it is so straight forward and easy to learn. However the game rewards aggression and penalises defending a position. Thus even in defence the game forces aggressive manoeuvring and firing on all sides. So meeting engagements are the best way to go for BA games. There is no need to tinker with the ranges and movement rates for 15mm mini’s unless you need to use a smaller playing area. The game produces some strange results and I read somewhere that rather than being “the game of the battle”, it’s better likened to “the game of the movie of the battle”. But there is no denying it’s a lot of fun and easy to learn and master. I hope you and your gaming mates enjoy yourselves.

Forged in Battle and Battlefront infantry minis will be a bit bigger/bulkier than the PP minis but I mix them quite happily, so it should be little trouble.

The BA dice are not necessary at all. You can use regular dice of two different colours and let the numbers represent the actions options. For pin markers we use tiny red dice with the number representing the number of pins accumulated.

What types of forces are you considering? Early war, mid war or late war? Western Europe, Eastern Europe, The Meditterranian/Africa or the Pacific. I have found that the game works best with Early war troops and vehicles.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.