Home Forums Ancients "The Trojans were Greeks ?" Reply To: "The Trojans were Greeks ?"

Not very PC …. PC what is it ?

“The term political correctness (adjectivally: politically correct; commonly abbreviated to PC or P.C.) is used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society. Since the late 1980s, the term has come to refer to avoiding language or behavior that can be seen as excluding, marginalizing, or insulting groups of people considered disadvantaged or discriminated against, especially groups defined by sex or race.”

Essentially, being a decent human being. There aren’t too many Hittites around anymore to offend, but mocking someone’s (supposed) sexual orientation would be distasteful. I was, of course, merely reporting something the Ancient Egyptians wrote. It is in line with the various abuse, throughout history,  people throw at their enemies. I have no idea what the Hittites called the Egyptians but I’m certain it was equally crude & offensive.

donald