Home Forums Medieval War of succession of England Reply To: War of succession of England

Paskal
Spectator

And what evidence do you have for the Anglo-Saxons using not fewer bows ?

I have always heard that, and you too, I suppose, are not that the case ?

Who decreed the contrary and when ?

How many Danish, Swedish or other adventurers in the Norwegian army in 1066  ?

How many Anglo-Saxons does Tostig have with him ?

Impossible to know how much there was and especially if there were …

It is sure that with the kind of very intelligent answer that I just made:

“Impossible to know how many there were and especially if there were …”

almost all discussions of a distant past on topics little known in fact no longer interest …

The terminology is important ok It shapes our approach to research and shapes the way people think about the past, but when you are passionate…

But you have to have the time, it’s easier and faster to use the terms that I use and what matters is that everyone understands me, does not it ?

In conclusion with you as there is little or no information, so we do not know, so we can not imagine so we say nothing and finally all the armies that share the War of succession of England were identical on all plans (Normans, Saxons, Norvegians and Danish .. But do you agree that the Danes are involved?) …

If these army are the same they have no interest, yet if they all have the same types of troops, the proportions must be different …

And why would they be?

Good question…

If these army are the same they have no interest, yet if they all have the same types of troops, the proportions must be different …

My best estimate based on the evidence that survives?

Precisely because I do not have any information that I ask the question on a forum, there are great connoisseurs for all periods, but connoisseurs who do not know do me lose my time …

If these army are the same they have no interest, yet if they all have the same types of troops, the proportions must be different … And why would they be? Good question…

My best estimate based on the evidence that survives? Precisely because I do not have any information that I ask the question on a forum, there are great connoisseurs for all periods, but connoisseurs who do not know do me lose my time …

When you do not know, you have to try to get an idea of it …

Another idea…

“The sources indicate that when they were present, the viking cavalrymen would be in a body behind and separate from the infantry.”

What about in 1066 ?

The Norwegians and Saxons do not really have any cavalry in 1066?