Home Forums Medieval War of succession of England Reply To: War of succession of England

Paskal
Spectator

Yes, let’s talk about that, if you do not mind …

1 / The huscarls / huskarls occupy the forefront of the shield – wall or are scattered in small units – belonging to such-and-such – throughout the shield -wall (as at the Battle of Hastings?)?
2 / The more an army is unknown, the more it interests me, please guide me to know a minimun the operations of the Danish army during this war of succession of England …
3 / At Stamford Bridge, the September 25, 1066, the Norwegian king probably has less than 6,000 men, relaxed, having left some of their equipment in the boats (Five thousand men guard the ships: a small number on the shore north of the Derwent River and the rest on the south shore.);;; Ruarigh please, where to find unarmed Norvegian figures for 1066? Knowing that the Scandinavian figurines for the classic period (IXth and Xth centuries) may not be valid for 1066 …
4 / Where to find a 25/30 mm figurine of King Harald of Norway ?
5 / Give me your personal idea about the armies of the War of succession of England type of troops by type of troops, that I know when to stop buying figures …
6 / Something I love in 1066,  is that there are no more round shields in the Saxons and the fyrdsmen wear kite-shields shorter than those of the professionals (why shorter by the way?).
7 / Except the huscarls, who still wear mail coats in the Saxon ranks?