As others above have hinted at these days there are many different avenues to take with internet advertising / news which means the old days of just looking at one or two forums and a handful of manufacturer sites are long gone.
Personally I use a mixture depending on what is available and what I am interested in!
- Wargames Forums, mainly TWW (the only one I actually post and subscribe to), LAF and TMP (only for news checks as banned ofc!)
- Manufacturers forums or sites like Pendraken, GHQ, Baccus and a few others get a flyby regularly.
- Facebook groups, pretty much essential for things like Warlord Games “Exterminate” and Dropfleet Commander. Even if you are “allergic” to FB you can still do what I do – sign up providing basic info only, add either no friends or just immediate family (I have just wife and daughter as its an easy way to share pictures, links and info) and then “follow” useful FB groups without sharing any personal info.
- Google searches used occasionally for news but mostly targeted when looking for something specific
- Wargames magazines very occasionally bought although I am thinking about subscribing to one or two again this year to see how it goes.
I dropped yahoo groups a few years back as most died a death anyway.
Its a very fragmented information world right now and a small advertisers nightmare I would think.
Interest include 6mm WW2, 6mm SciFi, 30mm Old West, DropFleet, Warlords Exterminate and others!