Home Forums General General What are the major hobby news portals these days? Reply To: What are the major hobby news portals these days?

Participant

The big thing, however, is gamers who post pictures of their projects, which excite customers because these posts show what can be done;

^^ This ^^

I don’t keep up with industry news at all. I simply don’t care. If I get involved in a project, then I’ll research the companies that may have something useful for the project. Not the other way around.

The only wargame site I participate in is TWW. I may still have an active account at LAF and I know my account at TMP is long, long aslumber. I occasionally browse both of those sites. I rarely find anything on TMP of interest (and to be honest, TMP has a lot of extraneous static which annoys me).  There’s more of interest for me at LAF but I rarely find enough inspiration to log in and comment let alone post anything about my projects. I check TWW multiple times a day to keep up, though I go straight to the forums and pay no attention to news items.

I do click from blog to blog to blog following posts of related genres. And as Ian Marsh says above, if I find a user project that inspires me, I note companies that provided figures or rules, etc. That’s the most effective advertising, as far as I’m concerned. True, unsolicited customer testimonials. I don’t use any other type of social media.

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/