02/01/2018 at 16:58 #80493
- Start new projects – ones I’ve been planning for a long time.
- Get much closer to having “finished collections” of as-yet unpainted figures and models for the projects I’ve been planning. There will be a lot of purchases ahead and it will drain much of my hobby energy (as it has done for the last couple of years) but my light at the end of the tunnel is to reach a stage where I can slow down on the buying and spend more energy on actual painting and modelling, then gaming. Maybe by the end of this year, I’ll be there. It’s not like I can keep straining my budget like this forever. This is my “investment” stage and it has to end in the not-too-far future.
- Get at least one new terrain set-up finished. I’ve been stockpiling ridiculous amounts of terrain-building materials, it’s become an obsession of its own.
- Get some gaming in, but probably much of it solo. There’s a couple of experiments I’d like to try. One is to play the same scenario (for either sci-fi or fantasy, in any scale and scope that strikes my fancy) many times over with different rulesets. Another is to engage in a kind of quasi-solo gaming where some of the decision-making (pre-game, in-game or both) is handed over to other TWWers who’d be kept up to date in a running thread. This probably wouldn’t be quite the same thing as proper “Play By Forum” or PBEM gaming – I’ve done that with miniature games in the past (as a participant, not a “gamemaster”) and it’s a very involved, slow-going process that’s always at risk of running out of steam, so I’d be looking for a more summary, broad-strokes type system of remote decision-making this time around.
- This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Rhoderic.