Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Checking Out Your Own Self Reply To: Checking Out Your Own Self

Paul
Participant

I play with my stuff, but still like setting them up just to admire (and pester my wife with “Come see how cool this looks”).

This is especially true when a new terrain project is completed. Its all very nice to build enough jungle bases to cover the dining room table, but you need to see the terrain inhabited by guerillas to see what the effect will be on the wargame table.  And then, since the terrain is set up already, you might as well see what it looks like with some 19th century explorers. And dinosaurs. And Catachan jungle fighters.  So then you’ve seen them with the 28s, so you need to check them with 15s, so you put your 15s on… And so on and on. It’s a nice way to pass the time and helps motivate me to finish painting figures (I find it easy to motivate myself to build something, not so easy to motivate myself to paint figures sometimes).

So the short answer is, yes, I love setting things up just to look. But, at the same time, I can’t see myself ever making dioramas.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!