Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games General Squad Hammer variations. Thoughts? Reply To: Squad Hammer variations. Thoughts?

Good game, good game!
Action was joined with the Simbas and Bongos laying down plenty of lead at each other to little effect. The Mercs, the only ones with a mission other than blood, forgot the prime directive and engaged in a prolonged firefight with a section of the (BNA) Bongolian National Army. Considering the disparity of firepower the Bongos gave a creditable account of themselves, forcing the rattled Mercs into cover to sort themselves out. This proved most beneficial as they also re-remembered the mission brief and stormed across the street, slaughtered the Simbas, and effected a rescue! By this time there were two Simbas left, one Bongo, two Mercs and the now armed fugitive. The white men crossed the bridge, losing one of their number to a Simba Bren gunner, and boarded their remarkably tiny Bellyflopters for tea and medals… as they did the natives breathed a sigh of relief and got back to happily killing each other. The Mercs Occifer and fugitive escaped, the Simba Bren gunner killed and be-headed the last Bongo, ending the engagement.
Even the Dynamic Dunderheads comprehended the rules, and I could concentrate on my game, as opposed to spending two hours as a reluctant carer for two dribbling half wits!

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"