Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Darkness descends… Reply To: Darkness descends…

John Treadaway
Participant

I have them finished. More will be revealed soon but the torture is over and I’ve not been broken by the wheel!

Here’s a few shots but – as soon as I have access to the Slammers website (laptop with certain software is in for repair) I’ll do more (though I have done a play sheet for them).

Clarks Commandos Infantry

Clarks Commandos heavy assault Python and Cobra

Clarks Commandos Infantry combat vehicles

Clarks Commandos infantry close up

Clarks Commandos Sniper

Clarks Commandos meet the Slammers

Clarks Commandos command tank

Clarks Commandos Three detachments

The unit is finished as a dedication for Jim Clark – a mate and avid Slammers gamer – who died recently: this seemed a perfect opportunity to use the nice vehicles Darkest Star sent me and I’m quite pleased with the results.

The wheels… well maybe my masking could have been more accurate, but the rest – airbrushing a green pattern over an Army Painter Primer (Skeleton Bone), edge highlighting, future/black-ink dip, and then weathering with the airbrush and various washes – worked out reasonably well, I think. Certainly better than my last efforts with the Zaporoskiye Brigade where I over did the Army Painter Dip.

The Federation infantry were – again – spray primered and dipped (this time using a thinned Army Painter Dip) and detailed with various colours including Tamiya clear paints. Decals for Clark’s Commandos were home printed onto clear decal paper.

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers