Home Forums General General Businesses that are rude? Reply To: Businesses that are rude?

GeoffQRF
Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m in a similar boat with Ivan.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>As a customer and consumer I may have an opinion, I may feel like I like or dislike something, and may even have reasons for doing so. Whether or not they are justified is a different discussion. The modellers eye perhaps gives me a slightly different perspective on how things are made, perhaps partly because I look st them and think, “that’s not quite right”, or “I’d have done xxx instead”.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>However at the same time I can’t get away from the fact that I am also a manufacturer and, to some, a competitor. As such any comments I may make over whether I like or dislike a competitors model is automatically seen as coming from the manufacturing me rather than the critical eye of me as a modeller and consumer.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>I got myself into a bit of trouble with that recently elsewhere, where an ex manufacturer decided to have a go at me over a post I had made, and another individual (I can’t call him a customer, I don’t think he’s ever actually bought anything from us) decided that was a good opportunity to try and tell everyone what awful models we make. It generally makes little difference to us commercially (in fact ‘any news and all that’ means more people come to see for themselves and sales usually go up – sex sells, but so does a little controversy) but it can raise the blood pressure a notch. Thankfully mine is incredibly low :-)</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>That said, ‘meh’ is pretty useless as a comment. I would say that the author is probably underwhelmed. It doesn’t interest him. In which case why bother commenting at all. It’s a big of the social media influence where we feel a need to comment, like, dislike or add a photo of a cat, almost as if just yo show the world (or at least Cambridge Analytica) we are still here.</p>

QRF Models Limited
www.quickreactionforce.co.uk