Home Forums General General Cheat! Reply To: Cheat!

Last Crimbo wargame with the Dynamic Dunderheads. We did the ‘treasure hunt’ from the Charles Grant scenarios book. Tickled up for a bunch of Scalphunters (Dunderhead 1)- v- 7th. Cavalry (Dunderhead 2) to find and capture The Great Lame Beaver (Yours Truly) and his war party, who’d legged it from the reservation.

Trouble with the Dunderheads, being brayndead old farts, is that they take things a tad literal, becoming mission orientated to the point of obsession. Much toing and froing took place, upside down map reading, much head scratching at complicated clues which wouldn’t have taxed the melon of a five year old ensued…

till Father Crimbo popped out of a wigwam and blasted Custer’s Bluebellys with his Bazooka!

This kicked it all off and within minutes ‘treasure hunt’ was forgotten. The 7th. killed all the Redskins, killed all the scalphunters then rode off, triumphant up Monument Valley, column o’ twos, to the ringing chorus of Garryowen!

We repaired to the Occifer’s Mess for a gallon of Tetley’s and a debrief…

Dunderhead 1…

“I’d have won that if you hadn’t CHEATED, you didn’t follow the clues and then shot my men!”

Dunderhead 2…

“Cheated! CHEATED you say! Which part of ‘wargame’ don’t you understand. it’s not like you haven’t been at it long enough!

The Great Lame Beaver…

“Kirk to Enterprise… for fook’s sake, beam me up Scotty!!!”

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"