Home Forums Air and Sea Air 1/144 RAF

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

One from each end of the WW2:

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Nice. Are they for ground support, or do you have some air combat planned?

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Participant

I’m working up the courage for air combat but I’ll need to expand the air fleet. The Tempest is for ground support but nothing for it to support as I’ve nothing in the European theatre after 1940 battle of France.  10mm Panzer Lehr might happen yet.  Too many bees buzzing around in the bonnet as usual.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Two very nice planes. Do you know who’s planes they were? Are they based on anyone in particular?

Participant

I love 1/144 models. Mine are in desert colours, which means I had to hand paint shark mouths on my P40s and a snake on a Ju87. Well, you have to, don’t you?

although I’m not brave enough to leave the canopies clear!

More nonsense on my blog: http://battle77.blogspot.com/

Participant

Two very nice planes. Do you know who’s planes they were? Are they based on anyone in particular?

I seem to remember the info was on the instruction sheets but I didn’t pay much attention to it.

However a bit of searching found out:

Spitfire of No 19 squadron RAF Fowlmere Sept-Oct 1940, flown by Sergeant Jennings.

Tempest from 222 Squadron which converted from Spitfires in December 1944; the squadron flew Tempests until converting onto Gloster Meteors.

Participant

I love 1/144 models. Mine are in desert colours, which means I had to hand paint shark mouths on my P40s and a snake on a Ju87. Well, you have to, don’t you? although I’m not brave enough to leave the canopies clear!

Agree, there’s just something about the little guys.  The canopies are the absolutely last things to be fitted to avoid sticky fingers, etc.  I believe that pilot figures are available in the appropriate scale, though I haven’t chased this down.

I’ve got two left in the stash, a Messerschmit 110 and a Hurricane; the Hurri would be number three as I’ve done one for early war and one for the desert.  So if it gets done it’ll likely be partnered with the ‘Spit.

Do you know who’s planes they were? Are they based on anyone in particular?

Right you shower, gather round and listen!

Spitfire pilots of No.19 Squadron at Manor Farm, Fowlmere. Sergeant Jennings is on the left…

Sgt Bernard J “Jimmy” Jennings of No 19 Squadron in Spitfire Mk I QV-I beats up RAF Fowlmere…

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Participant

Good show, Harry!

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.