Home Forums WWII 1/600 WWII Pacific Coastal Forces

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Just Jack 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Just Jack
    Participant

All,

Continuing with my WWII in the Pacific forces, I present my 1/600 minis from PT Dockyard.  Not a large force, just big enough to give me some (hopefully) interesting games, and I can always add to them later, if necessary.  I’d bought these long before “Cruel Seas” was ever out (at least in public), but they’d sat on a shelf, untouched, until a bunch of guys (like that dastardly Sunjester, for example) started popping out coastal action batreps.  Those batreps convinced me to finally get off my butt and knock these things out.  As always, they’re not beautiful, but they’ll work for me, and some of you may be turned off as I gave them a really heavy wash to dirty them up.

So, here’s what I’ve got:
    -some sort of merchant ship, much bigger than everything else
    -4 x US PT Boats
    -1 x US LCM
    -2 x 85′ “Luggers”
    -2 x Japanese T-1 MTBs
    -1 x Japanese Type C Gunboat
    -2 x Japanese 46′ Daihatsu barges
    -2 x Japanese Daihatsu gunboats

Two of the PT Boats, from the port beam.

Japanese Daihatsu barges converted to gunboats.

And the 1200 ton merchant.

To see more pics, please check the blog at:
    https://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2019/07/1600-wwii-pacific-coastal-forces.html

So there you go, I am now in the coastal actions business, and happy to be there.  Not sure when I’ll get their first games in, I’ve got a lot of dogfighting, then ground combat to do before PT Boats get into the fight.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

They look good, Jack.  I have all the Cruel Seas US and Japanese ships to assemble and paint so you may get to use yours before I get mine done. I plan to use They Were Expendable as a jumping-off point for my Pacific campaign.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Great looking force Jack!  Looking forwards to the write ups.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Just Jack
    Participant

John – Thanks man, and not sure when I’ll get to them, a lot of stuff has to happen between now and then.  I like your “They Were Expendable” idea, wish I’d have had mine while I was doing the Philippines.

Thanks, Darby, I’m working up to it.

This weekend I’m actually working on plans to finally close out KG Klink in the Fall of France.  We’ll see.  Also, I’ve ordered a bunch of terrain, stuff I’ll need for my ‘All Americans’ campaign at Anzio, just need it to hurry and get here…

V/R,

Jack

Thomaston
    Participant

Really like the merchant, looks like it’s airbrushed.

Guess what I like the Japanese boats more than the US ones.

Tired is enough.

Just Jack
    Participant

Of course you do… 😉

Doesn’t matter, they’re still gonna burn and sink!

V/R,

Jack

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

That”s bold talk from you Jack!!! We know how your luck runs!!!

Just Jack
    Participant

Go big or stay home, old man 😉

V/R,

Jack

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

I am so much more aggressive in games than you are Jack….er, that’s why I lose so often.

Just Jack
    Participant

You said it 😉

V/R,

Jack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.