Home Forums Air and Sea Naval 1/700th Frigate…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Autodidact-O-SaurusAutodidact-O-Saurus
    Participant

Progress shot of my confinement project:

Now comes the tricky part. I don’t much care for Warlord’s ratlines or sails. I looked at the Meridian options for PE ratlines and sails but they are much too expensive for me–especially since I’m working on 26 ships. I did find pages with a couple of home-made jigs for creating ratlines from thread. I’m going to try that. I’ll make sails out of heavy paper or maybe foil. The Warlord ones are too heavily printed and some of them have too much of a greenish tint to them.

So… I think the easy part of this first ship is completed. In my head all my ships are sailing around the Caribbean so excuse the oh-so-happy color of the water đŸ˜‰ . My goal is to have two frigates (mostly) complete so I can start tinkering around with rules. Right now (thanks to Carojon) ‘War by Sail’ is in the running. So is ‘Form Line of Battle’ by David Manley. But I’ve also been reading ‘Enterprize’ by Curs’d Captain on WargameVault. I’m fascinated with the way movement is handled. Not so fascinated the the complexity of it, though. I’m hoping it might be easier in execution than in reading. I’m wondering if I can simplify the sailing process (but keep the results) and replace the movement mechanics of ‘War by Sail’ because I really like the gunfire process in that set. Oh, the endless search for the perfect rules!

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Thaddeus BlanchetteThaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Very nice! Maybe I will finish my Constituion now, too!

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

MattHMattH
    Participant

Beautiful. I’m tempted by these 1/700 ships, but I hate doing rigging! I think I might one day get into doing the 1812 Great Lakes battles in 1/700.

Autodidact-O-SaurusAutodidact-O-Saurus
    Participant

Thanks, everyone. Jump on in! The water’s fine.

I wanted to practice rigging before attempting the frigate so here’s a brig all painted  up and ready for stringing. I think…. I’m still kicking over the idea of making my own ratlines and, as is my way, I’ll think and think and think again before attempting it.

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.