Home Forums General General 10/12mm castle walls

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Keymaster

10mm castle walls, who makes nice warhammer flavoured castle walls?

Not so keen on Kallistra as they are a bit weedy and also the fronts are very flat.
    Something with buttresses and so on ideally.

Geof Downton
    Participant

I have a memory of Sally4th doing a laser cut mdf Warmaster castle. However, I can only find 28mm stuff on their website now.

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Guy Farrish
    Participant

They did ( and may do again?)

Our incredibly desireable castles have temporarily been made ‘Unavailable’. Due to the wide variety of styles and options, at this moment in time we are not able to produce these highly individual items. However, as they are a very popular product, we wish to develop the range and so plan to run a Kickstarter at some point in the future at which point you will be able to purchase your own unique Sally 4th Castle

Old Glory ‘Grand Scale’ do castles and walls – pricey but they may have something you might like? The Crusader Castle set looks nice but it’s £70.

Mike Headden
    Participant

Depending on how picky you are, Leven Miniatures do some 6mm castle components.

https://www.levenminiatures.co.uk/castle.html

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Mike
    Keymaster

Not really after MDF, too plain. 6mm is too small.

The Old Glory European may work, but not after postage and import duty. 🙁

EDIT: Actually that looks flat like the Kallistra one too.

Jeremy Edwards
    Participant

Look at Metcalfe Models (basically model railway stuff), they have just released a series of castle parts in both 00 and N, the N gauge would probably suit tour requirements.  Metcalfe N Gauge models are slightly overscale and would be excellent size wise for 12mm.

Mike
    Keymaster

Cheers, again quite flat.
    I may have to make my own mayhaps?

I am after something more like this:

Steven Francis
    Participant

Insulation foam and scribing may be your best bet. Or cutting blocks and texturing them then building. Either way would be hard to get the scale right.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.