Home Forums Terrain and Scenery 10mm 3D printed lit city

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Knarb Makes a city with lights.

YouTube link here

Not a detailed ‘how to’ but first class result (more for skirmish than large battles) and interesting to watch.

What I really like is the color he used for the bottom of the canal.

Participant

I was surprised by the use of grout in the gesso as I had not seen that before.  I’ve used grout with cheap paint or with plain PVA as my experience with gesso was horrible and I never plan on using the stuff as undercoat EVER again.

The only problem I had was after all that work it would hard to move blocks of troops through the streets. I know that would be accurate but would bug me…

I thought the streets were pretty wide but I’m not too familiar tih 10mm. Yeah ghesso was a weird choice but I guess what ever compound he mixed it with compensated for it.

Kind of jealous at all the machines he had at hand to do the project.

Participant

I am soo jealous of all the machines he has! I browsed some of his other videos as well and I would really like to try digital kitbashing with a VR headset, but honestly I would be happy with *just* the resin printer and laser cutter 😉 (as I already have a budget FDM printer). It also makes me want to learn more 3d modelling so I can make my own printable terrain.

I do like the table he made. I agree, it might not be great for “mass” battle, but I could totally see “warbands” consisting of a single warmaster style base (or even better, just handful of minis on a round base) running around that table and fighting.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.