Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century 10mm WSS Game

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Graham Harrison
    Participant

War of Spanish Succession (in Spain!) in 10mm using Black Powder, French/Spanish (Me) vs British/Portuguese (Mark).  The objective was to control the road junction. I started badly as I got into a total mess in the centre mixing up bits of three brigades all getting in each other’s way. Mark had a chance to rush forward with his British, but delayed as their supports had been slow getting off the ground. That allowed me time to unlimber my artillery and reform my lines, so when he did attack I could blast him as he was coming in. A very close game but at the last minute I broke his centre brigade and he conceded at that point.

The battle viewed from the French side.

The British infantry advancing (a shame about the command rolls for the supporting troops!).

Noel
    Participant

They look nice.  What size bases are you using?

Nice table and painting, 10mm can look really good!

Graham Harrison
    Participant

They look nice. What size bases are you using?

We are using 20mm x 20mm bases, six stands to a unit for 120mm frontage. Now I think we would have been better off using four 30mm x 20mm or three 40mm x 20mm  stands for ease of use. We started with the 20mm bases so that we could put units into proper columns, but we seldom need to do that, in fact I can’t think of a single occasion we have done that with an infantry unit!

Nice table and painting, 10mm can look really good!

My opinion too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.