Home Forums Alternate History Victorian Sci Fi 15/18 mm VSF Figures

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Been asked before on other sites but I am always looking for sources of 15/18 mm sized figures and terrain for Victorian Science Fiction {VSF} gaming [not  a fan of what I call “Steam Punk” – which I define as figure lines line the vast majority of the figures have limbs (especially both arms) replaced by steam appliances – how do they eat, get dressed, become intimate with loved ones, and other daily living necessities ?]

Thanks in advance for any producers of VSF that meet this desire.

Participant

Rebel Minis have a couple of packs that may help http://www.rebelminis.com/pulpadventures.html

Even though called ‘Steampunk’ they are minimally ‘tooled’ up – the lady in the ‘Adventurers’ pack has a metallic armband and the troops in the ‘British Infantry’ have gas masks on them

Best range I know of are the Black Hat Martian Empires range http://www.blackhat.co.uk/online_shop/index.php?cPath=107_110 lots and lots and lots of figures

Inactive

Thank you Andrew. Good suggestions.

Inactive

<hr />

Hello!  I am back.

Admittedly while I’m have yet to buy anything from Andrew’s excellent suggestion I am approaching completion of of others projects that bring VSF (15mm) unto my radar scope of miniature Wargames.

Quite unlike my 25/28mm VSF world where I have Tarzan, Sheena, Jane Badall, explorers/hunters/The Mad Belgian, (North America) Mexican Rebels/Patriots against Heathen Oppression (that is found in an IHMN supplement,) natives, Tarzanesque heroes in South America/China/Tibet/Southeast Asia/Papua New Guinea, my wild versions of native Venusians, animals from multiple continents and Tibetan Monks – I think I will be staying in Africa with 15/18mm versions of Tarzan, Sheena, et. al., for now.

And so, having looked at my American “go to” companies of Rebel Minis, Khurasan, and Splintered Light Miniatures, what other preferably American (postage issues) companies might I want to explore for more minimally steam-punk VSF characters and bit part players?

Not it that I automatically reject figures from other countries but when the postage exceeds the cost of small groups of figures it is unlikely I would actually order unless there was “that one perfect figure” that existed no where else.

Participant

Glenn

We do a character set in our Martian Empires range and all our figures are available through Scale Creep Miniatures in the USA

Mike

Participant

Blue Moon Manufacturing through Old Glory make a superb line of 15/18mm African stuff – various tribes, explorers, villagers, etc. Beautiful stuff.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Inactive

Watching and planning budgetary details.  🤔 😇

Inactive

Yes, those are nice.  😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.