Home Forums General Trading Post 15mm 2nd gen Minifigs: ACW, ECW, Napoleonic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    General Slade
    Participant

Does anyone have any 15mm 2nd generation Minifigs they want to sell? I am interested in ACW, ECW and Napoleonics.  If you are not sure which generation your figures are:

1st generation were the figures that came in strips of five infantry or three cavalry

2nd generation are figures in fairly static poses on rectangular bases.  The horses are generally in walking poses, again on rectangular bases. (These are the ones I want!)

3rd generation is the current range where the figures tend to be in more active poses, the bases for the infantry are polygonal and the bases for the horses are irregular. You can see the current range (or at least some of it) here: http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Home.aspx

I would prefer unpainted figures if you have them.  I don’t mind painted figures but since I will be stripping the figures to paint myself I don’t really want to pay a premium for painted ones.

Thank you

Stephen

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Has there been a 3rd Gen. ECW range? The current figures look the same as the ones I bought back in the early 80s. I may have some of them still hanging around.

Minifigs ECW musketeer

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

General Slade
    Participant

The current ECW range does look very similar to the range from the 80s but it was remodeled at some point.  I assume this was done to make the uniforms slightly more historically accurate.  The poses of the musketeers are very similar but the pikemen and cavalry are different.  The original pikemen were basically standing to attention and had the butt of their pikes on the ground beside their feet.  The pikes were shorter so they were very prone to snapping off but less prone to turning into undercooked spaghetti.  The basic difference with the cavalry is that the originals have their swords held with the point down by their boots or resting on their shoulders. With the current range they are usually waving them in the air.  Also, with the original range the riders sat on their horses, with the current range they sort of perch there looking uncomfortable.

Just to confuse things further, with the ECW and Renaissance ranges Minifigs kept the same codes for the figures when they re-sculpted them so even knowing the code on the base of the figures doesn’t always help.

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

I stand corrected. 🙂

Re. the pikes, I bought four dozen Minifigs Palmyran cataphracts, again early 80s. Their kontos contrived to arrive either broken or overcooked spaghetti. Or both. I would have sent them back, but I had little confidence in the replacements being better.

Oh the joys of drilling out 48 tiny hands…

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

General Slade
    Participant

I feel your pain.  I’ve never attempted to drill out the hands and replace the pikes but one day I am going to have to because I’ve got a lot of guys who are standing around looking useless with broken sticks in their hands.

I tell myself that if I win the lottery I will pay someone to do it for me.  But of course for that to happen I’d have to start doing the lottery . . .

Count Belisarius
    Participant

Hi,

Did you get any joy getting any 2nd Gen ACW? I’m looking for stuff too but also have some spares so it might be we could trade to make up units?

Andy

General Slade
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I haven’t had much luck so far.  I’m afraid I don’t have a great deal to trade (I think the only thing I have a real surplus of are kneeling dismounted cavalry in slouch hats, which possibly aren’t the most useful figures in the world).  However, if there is anything specific you need drop me a line and I’ll be happy to do an exchange if I’ve got the figures you are looking for.  You can contact me at stephenprentice at aol dot com

Best wishes

Stephen

zippyfusenet
    Participant

Hello General. I was rooting through old posts and noticed this one. Are you still looking for 2nd Gen Minifig ACW and Naps? Which side of the Atlantic are you on? I’m in the US.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

General Slade
    Participant

Hi zippyfusenet,

Yes I’m still looking for figures.  I’m in the UK but I often buy from the US.  Drop me a line at stephenprentice at aol dot com.

Best wishes

Stephen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.