Home Forums Ancients 15mm Assyrians

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Having been rather light on Biblical armies, ADLG and its easy-to-collect army size has allowed me to turbocharge this previously neglected part of my collection.

First up were the Myceneans, and then the NKE ended up being rebased as well. But now, finally, and after 30 years of collecting and gaming I now have an Assyrian army as well. As with the Myceneans, my choice was to go with Museum figures. They are a little static in their poses and stylized, but for Biblical era I feel that this style works really well.

The Assyrians are a ruthlessly efficient army and so the regular poses of most of the men also feels right. Many of the colour choices were inspired by (but sadly not particularly closely copied from) the painted versions of the fantastic 28mm Foundry range, which have provided three Generals elements for this army as well.

The highlight of the army is the Chariotry – having been rather scared of how to paint up the big slab sided chariots I had a surprisingly obvious bit of inspiration to combine a common or garden cheap printer and some Google-fu to searches for “Assyrian Patterns”, downloading and printing out some images to paste onto the walls of the Chariots to surprisingly good effect.

There’s a full page of pictures of all of the figures, together with paint selection details (and links to eBay to find the paints) to browse now on madaxeman.com

Plenty more photos (and a video) on madaxeman.com

You can:
    - see more of this rubbish at www.madaxeman.com
    - Listen to the Madaxeman Podcast on any Podcast platform
    - Follow Madaxeman on Twitter @Madaxeman

Keymaster

Nice work on the printing. I also like that folded arms general dude. Will get him for my desert fantasy games.

Participant

I think he is 28mm not 15mm Mike, if that matters?

On the bright side Museum Miniatures 25% off January Sale has started!

Keymaster

oh yeah, arse.

Participant

He’s part of the Foundry Assyrian Officers pack, which is 28mm – in ADLG the Generals elements are just placeholders, not actual combat units so I often use a “heroic” figure to make them stand out a bit more..

Assyrian General - Foundry

You can:
    - see more of this rubbish at www.madaxeman.com
    - Listen to the Madaxeman Podcast on any Podcast platform
    - Follow Madaxeman on Twitter @Madaxeman

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.