Home Forums Modern 15mm Battlefront Vietnam-era Navy SEALs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

As you may know, I’ve gone into 15mm in a big way (big for me, at least). I plan on using them for skirmish gaming, whilst sticking with 10mm for company-level fighting and 6mm for battalion-level and up. In any case, I’ve bought a bunch of Rebel Minis’ 15mm, quite a few Peter Pig, and then I decided to go for some Battlefront. I’m doing a bunch of Vietnam-era, Modern Africa, and Modern Middle East, and I really liked what I saw online of the figures, figuring I could use them for Vietnam and modern stuff.

The whole shebang: 14 troops for about nine bucks. I was really pleased with them; the castings are fantastic, and six poses in fourteen guys is pretty damn cool if you ask me. I really tried to get an eclectic mix with these guys, to make them as ‘special forces-sy’ as possible. I threw in a wild mix of different uniforms, and I threw in different skin tones as well, just for good measure. My only complaint is that almost everyone has a Stoner assault rifle; not a single M-16, AK-47, M-3, M-1 Thompson, M-1 Carbine, BAR, or M-60. They even have a couple guys strapped up with belt-fed ammo, but no belt fed weapons (yes, I know the Stoner could take belt-fed ammo in certain configurations, but the guys have drums in their weapons, so it doesn’t really make sense). But I’ll overlook all that due to the fact 1) the figures are just damned cool looking, and 2) two of the guys have M-14s. And I love M-14s 😉

To see pics of the individual poses, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/08/15mm-battlefront-vietnam-era-navy-seals.html

Please forgive my humble attempts at painting. I plan on working hard on getting through Cuba Libre’s War of Liberation this weekend, and I’ve got more 15mm troops to photo and post, so stay tuned.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

They look great and BF fits in with QRF and Rebel Miniatures. Look forward to seeing them on your table soon !!!

War Panda
    Participant

Wow Jack they look fantastic!

Does that extra 5mm make a big difference. I reckon 15mm is great for skirmish. I don’t have any 10mm myself but I can imagine they would look super small for that type of game

I’m internet deprived right now…I’m camping in northern Alberta with no contact with the WWW unless I venture to the local

I’m looking forward to checking out some new AAR’s when I get home next week (non subtle hint)

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Just Jack
    Participant

Thanks, fellers.

I got three more games in this weekend, working on writing them up and posting.

I don’t mind skirmishing with 10mm because of the size, I mind because of the lack of poses/variety of troops.  15mm looks great, but it takes forever to paint compared to 10mm.  But I’m building up forces, and these will bo ‘go-to’ for individually-based figure games.  Actually, about to get them on the table for the first time, gonna play some modern “5Men in Normandy” with my elder boy.  I’ll take some pics.

And Panda, thanks for wrecking our game.  How many animal crackers did it take for Ivan to buy his way out of an ass kickin’? 😉

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

I look forward to reading any and all AAR’s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.