Home Forums Terrain and Scenery 15mm Crescent Root Town Set

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

My birthday presents arrived!!! I picked up the brand new 15mm Crescent Root Town Set, and it’s absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to get them on the table; when I got home from work to find the box waiting on me I couldn’t help but set them up to take a look. My older son played with them for a good hour.

Ta-daa!!! Awesome!!! I’m so happy I made this purchase! Panda and Slavin look out, I’m comin’ for ya. Okay, maybe not, but this is a big step in that direction (for me, at least). This is the whole set, which comes pre-painted AND pre-assembled. You just pull it out of the box and BAM! You’re ready to go.

The whole set comprises the following:
    -2′ x 2′ mat that’s printed on mousepad type material.
    -Five buildings with detachable roofs and floors (each story comes apart).
    -A textured base for each building.
    -Each building comes with at least one separate ‘bombed out’ story. Ugh, I just realized I didn’t take photos of any of the bombed out sections…

To see all the pics, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/02/15mm-crescent-root-town-set.html

On a side note, I also received my 15mm Eureka Minis WWII Japanese troops and some Battlefront 15mm OH-6 helos. Quite a day!

Stay tuned, more posts of finished 15mm troops to come.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Real Terrain Oh My God, Just Jack you have real terrain !!!! Looks great and I want some !!!!

War Panda
    Participant

Hmmm….not very nice is it.

Looks silly and nasty and I don’t like it.

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

War Panda
    Participant

Okay, I’ve got over my bout of jealousy and…I admit it looks amazing!

I mean amazing.

I’ll now be able to read your fabulous AAR’s without laughing at the terrain (not sure I like this thought)

Belated Happy Birthday Jack 🙂

Just Jack
    Participant

Kyote – It’s awesome!!!

Panda – Don’t worry, yours is still cooler.  Feel better?
    I don’t know if your children watch, or even have access to the TV cartoon show “Peppa Pig” (my kids love it), but if you’re familiar, reading your first post I heard it in Peppa’s voice, but with your cute little face. 😉

And don’t worry, carpet hills will be making a comeback shortly.  You know, since someone hasn’t coughed up the hills they promised me.  Ahem… 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

The Crescent Root stuff looks great! I am soooooo jealous of you and your buildings. It’s nice when they come painted but I would actually feel guilty buying pre-painted buildings – some screwed up mutation of Weber’s Protestant work ethic I guess. Anyway, they will look good in the former Jugoslavia as you fight your way through Cronistria.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

War Panda
    Participant

We haven’t watched “Peppa Pig” since we moved to Canada…it was my eldest girl’s favorite show…and I admit I’ve always thought of you as the father…I mean his physique seems to fit you well don’t you think  😉

kyoteblue
    Participant

I have never seen this Peppa Pig so I got no clue….

Shaun Travers
    Participant

Kyote,

Don’t start watching Peppa Pig, or else you go down the slippery slope to Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom.  From there, it is hard to come back up.  I have a soft spot for Octonauts but that is all I am willing to admit to after 9 years!

Luckily my children are just old enough they are over them all now.

Paul
    Participant

Bah! All this talk of children’s things. This is a forum for the discussion of the manly art of toy soldiering!
    And besides, everyone knows that Teen Titans Go and Nickelodeons Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are the best kids shows on TV.
    PS: Nice birthday present Just Jack.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Just Jack
    Participant

Thanks everybody!

Rod, get over your hang ups; I’m a Protestant too, and it bothers me not.  Having said that, I once got some troops painted, and it’s just not the same as having done it yourself 😉  (for me, at least)

Panda – I don’t look like Daddy Pig; I wear contacts instead of glasses.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Just looked at the Crescent Root site and saw how much this set cost….wowzer !!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.