Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi 15mm Future PD Terrain

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been working on some 15mm sci-fi/cyberpunk terrain.  Here’s the roof of my police department.  I hope to have it completely finished by next weekend.  Maybe I can even use it in a game!

Cyberpunk Police Department Roof

Participant

Looks good.

Participant

Looking good!  Is that the Bat Signal on the far side?  😀

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Looks like it!

The Bat-Signal?

Participant

Cool stuff, I like the LAPD sign like Bladerunner 2049. I recently picked up a copy of the Department.  I’ll have to use your thread for inspiration!

Participant

OMG!  The Department!  Yes!  I cannot understand why the guy doesn’t offer a print option.  I had to hound him for two years until he sold me a leftover copy that he had.  I haven’t played yet, personally, but it looks amazing.  As soon as I can paint up some civilians, I’m definitely planning a Department campaign.

(And thanks!  It’s actually “NCPD” for “Night City”.  Just a hodge-podge of pastiche. 🙂 )

Participant

The Department!  Yes!

I have enjoyed this game quite a bit.  In fact, I use it and a bit of  Ghosts Of Hefei with homebrew bolt-on for my Applessed/Ghost In The Shell gaming.  Really wish they’d support those games, they just sort of fell off of the earth after their KS…

(And thanks!  It’s actually “NCPD” for “Night City”.  Just a hodge-podge of pastiche. )

Nothing wrong with that at all!  Cyberpunk is a much wider genre than most believe, steal form everywhere!

Participant

It seems like after Ghosts of Hefei there was no real follow-up.  Even online it seems like a lot of people bought the book but very few people played it.  I’m hoping to avoid large buildings myself and stick with the street level battles (clutter and garbage).   I want to use this stuff from Brigade games to make neon signs and sidewalk obstacles:

Well Jason, I can’t wait for more buildings!

Participant

It seems like after Ghosts of Hefei there was no real follow-up.  Even online it seems like a lot of people bought the book but very few people played it.

Ya, it was weird how everything just fizzled.  I recall hearing that like many KS the shipping was more than expected, so that cut into development funds.  I know it took a very long time for my package to be sent.  But also the KS didn’t fund as many unlocks as they had hoped so only a limited amount of gangs were made.  I think they just sort of gave up…

I think that scatter stuff will look great!  I’ve been meaning to do a whole bunch of street scenery and buildings, but this year has not been kind.  Plus, there is always much discussion on how people want them done: lift off roof, room on balconies for a squad stand of infantry, super customizable parts, etc.

How are you doing yours, Jason?  No lift off roofs?

As soon as I can paint up some civilians, I’m definitely planning a Department campaign.

I recently ran a game for some friends whom had never gamed before.  RPGs,yes, but not table top.  My cyberpunk/GiTS type games always have a lot of civies around (which is something that I think INFINITY is really lacking) but that means a heck of a lot of painting, even for THE DEPARTMENT, where they are on large bases.  So, to help alleviate them being overwhelmed I bought a bunch of 1/100 scale model railroad figures by Preiser, which come in white plastic.  If you leave them that way and only paint the “involved” figures then you create quite good contrast between the flock of seagulls and the real targets.  Later on I may paint them in muted tones, but the white works really well.

Participant

You know, cheap model railroad people might be the way to go, at least temporarily.

Technically, my roofs come off, but interiors are so fiddly, especially with multiple floors, and with bases, nothing’s ever to scale, so I mostly just use the interiors for storage.

Storage

Participant

I may be in the minority here but I don’t get the lift off roof thing.  You can never pack in the kind of detail you want and the miniatures always knock stuff over.

Darkest Star games I really like your models, especially your cars!

Keymaster

may be in the minority here but I don’t get the lift off roof thing

Same here. Plus the figure’s base kind of makes a mockery of the size of the interior.

Participant

Make studio style interiors, only two or three walls with the open fourth wall. It would make it easier to take photos against the backdrops

Now… The Department? I must have missed this. Tell me all about how I completely missed the bestest, evah, table top skirmish (?) game

Participant

I’m clueless, what is the Department all about???

Participant

The Department is like, “Bladerunner: The Tabletop Skirmish Game”.

You have to investigate potentially violent, potential androids (replicants), to gather enough clues to earn the opportunity to face off against the prime suspect.

But you’ve got a limited budget, and Internal Affairs is always watching you.

A very cool campaign system.

Participant

It was put out by 4 color studios.

It’s also got a dash of film noir as well.  It seems more investigative than combatitive.

Reading through it, I think it needs some tweaking but I like the goal system rules.

Bladerunner is one of my favourite settings.  I’ve always been daunted by reproducing the setting.  I want to use my 2D/3D tiles.

a guy named Cherno made some really cool black and white terrain for it.

Participant

I may be in the minority here but I don’t get the lift off roof thing.  You can never pack in the kind of detail you want and the miniatures always knock stuff over.

Same here. Plus the figure’s base kind of makes a mockery of the size of the interior.

I’m with y’all, but you’d be amazed at the number of customers who state “I would not buy any buildings from you if their roofs did not lift off”, which has kept me from producing any.  I’m starting to feel like there is rapidly approaching a point where I will just have to say “sorry you feel that way” and release what I want.

Darkest Star games I really like your models, especially your cars!

Thank you!  There is a new batch releasing as soon as I get the castings (which so far has taken 8 months…), including 2 “base” cars that can have several different front and rears attached to create more variation, as well as a new truck cab and a bus!

a guy named Cherno made some really cool black and white terrain for it.

I’ve seen it, quite cool!  Thought about trying it but then I’d have to repaint so much…

It’s also got a dash of film noir as well.  It seems more investigative than combatitive.

At first I was annoyed that I would occasionally spend a lot of time setting up a table only to have that game only take 5-10 minutes, but then realized that is part of the beauty of The Department, it’s not all about the combat.

Really like the idea of using the interiors for storage, usually much easier to do with a building that is more stout than the ones I usually make out of foamcore and plasticard.

So what is next after the PD station?

Participant

Honestly, I’m thinking of coding an app as a generic wargame aid next.

Terrain-wise, though, maybe like a small power station with a chain link fence. Perhaps something with a bridge or catwalk. Or maybe some scatter stuff. Benches with ads or cement planters with holographic trees. I haven’t yet decided.

Participant

Benches with ads or cement planters with holographic trees.

Ooooo, that reminds me of the game Satellite Reign!  Great game, successor to good old Syndicate Wars.  How would you do that?  Transparent image on clear acetate?

Keymaster

I did some printing onto clear plastic for my 6mm sci-fi.

Bought the ‘paper’ online. Just printed from my normal inkjet.

Quite nifty.

Participant

Satellite Reign is my spirit animal! Pretty much all of this was first inspired by Satellite Reign.

I have no idea how I’d do it, though. Optimally it would be something plastic, like from Litko, but if I have to hand-craft it, I’m honestly not sure.

Maybe I could shape a frame and then melt some plastic beads (like those fake stained glass kits) into it. Hmm. That might be the answer.

Keymaster
    Participant

Bought the ‘paper’ online. Just printed from my normal inkjet.

Booyah, there it is!  I had forgotten all about that.  That’d work a treat, and probably look just like the holotrees in SR.  People use that for the holographic adverts and stuff, and why did it totally slip my mind.. old age… dern kids get off my lawn….

Participant

Well, I guess I’m going to have to take this seriously.

Got a link? Where can I get this plastic “paper”?

Keymaster

Can’t  find my brand but there should be plenty if you search for transparent inket paper.

Participant

A few years back I made a game board for a buddy, 2’x2′, that was based off of an area in Satellite Reign, but with things spaced out enough to allow people to get their hands in there to move 15mm figures around.  It came out ok, not as finished as I would have liked due to me not having enough time nor the funding to really do it right.  Was thinking about giving it another crack, but then remembered those 2 urban table for Infinity by Scenery Planet  and thought that maybe lose buildings would be better than a static set, at least for personal gaming.  I guess I’ll have to get back to 15mm buildings, as teh 6mm ones I am working on won’t translate well (too big).  Thank you for the inspiration!

Participant

I thought about gluing my buildings down onto something, but I like the flexibility of loose structures. I might make some city tiles, though, with sidewalks and streets and such, and leave spaces for my buildings.

Participant
    Participant

Finished product is great!  What did you use for window glazing?  It appears to be slightly wavy…?

I really like the news screen and the billboard.

Participant

Finished product is great! What did you use for window glazing? It appears to be slightly wavy…?

Shiny, reflective paper from the crafts store.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.