Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy 15mm Japanese Monster Hunter terrain

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    OldBen1OldBen1
    Participant

Here is some more work I did getting ready for the Sengoku Monster Hunter game.  Sort of a   Dungencrawler with Japanese monsters.  I’m having a lot of fun.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by OldBen1OldBen1.
    kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

Fun is always good.

StroezieStroezie
    Participant

That looks awesome!

A couple questions

What’s your board size? (still looking for that one board size to rule them all )

Are there actual Sengoku Monster Hunter rules or are you using an other existing set?

Also love your houses, I may have to copy some of the bits for my magnetic village set. 

Cheers,

Stroezie.

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

MikeMike
    Keymaster

That looks good, also like the top image with that frame.

OldBen1OldBen1
    Participant

Thanks for the compliments!

Alternative Armies just released a game called Sengoku Monster Hunter. It looks pretty comprehensive.  Plus you can play it solo.  I also plan to use my dungeoncrawl tiles.

the board size is 2 by 2, standard for the game.

MikeMike
    Keymaster
    Gone Fishing
    Participant

I love the concept, though personally I might lean to 28mm. Your table, though, looks incredible – great job on the buildings and figures!

StroezieStroezie
    Participant

Looks cool, thanks for the info, I’ve been a bit out of the loop these last few months and I totally missed that one.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Thomaston
    Participant

Really good looking terrain.

I could never get clump foliage to look natural.

My first thought of the title was the computer game ‘Monster Hunter’.

OldBen1OldBen1
    Participant

The rules look fun, but have to be paired down a little, otherwise I’ll get bogged down by all the tables.  It has a solo component which I am happy about.  I love the subject matter, having read Usagi Yojimbo And Tmnt comics as a kid, and enjoying Japanese folklore as a university student.

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

Does indeed look great!  Would love to read some AARs when you get some games played.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.