Home Forums Modern 15mm modern african buildings for AK47

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’m thinking of scratchbuilding some ‘modern’ African town buildings for AK47 including some residential and commercial street blocks, a section of shanty town, etc.

Before I get started, I was wondering if any are available as mdf kits? I have some resin buildings from Peter Pig, the Scene and others but thought that there must be something in mdf given the explosion of laser cut kits over the last year or so.

Cheers

Jim

Participant

Gamecraft miniatures have a ton of stuff in MDF and foamboard, including middle east styled compounds and whatnot.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Participant

Great stuff from Gamecraft. Does anybody know of a UK (or at least European) provider of similar?

Participant

Thanks for the Gamecraft link…I’ll follow it up and see what they’ve got.

Participant

Where exactly in Africa did you want to base your model. I have travelled and lived in Africa. Towns end abruptly and before 200 metres you are into leanto buildings and market stall made of bits of stick, wood and whatever can be found to give shade.  In west africa for example you will easily find traditional villages of thatched huts within walking distance of the city centre.  Equally in Nigeria one will find buildings that look as if they might have come from an imperial palace in ancient Rome in Lago and In Abuja. There will be Mosues and Churches and in most residential areas compounds enclosing a main house or small block of flats, a quartes for staff and quite often a pool and pool house.  Equally one will find places that look like the set of Black Hawk down.  So pretty much anything barring a home counties cottage with roses round the door.

And don’t forget the goats and the sheep and the chickens 🙂

Best

Graham

Currently living in South Delhi

Participant

Hi Graham,

All of that sort of thing!

:O)

Jim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.