Home Forums Modern 15mm modern nato infantry 2017??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

posted this on miniatures pages 3 times got deleted 3 times (possibly due to my mention of certain manufacturer named below)

my question looking at moderm 15mm nato 2017 infantry

belgian/dutch /norwegian  others etc ,thinking either geoffqrf or peterpigs us infantry

main problem is m16 should be hk or fn scar assault rifle ,also webbing my google skill is poor so not getting much info on this, also norwegian army uses a helmet similar to special forces (dont think i will have success there) so what do i need to do to modify above figs to make them look right ?don’t think  they will work as they are?

Participant

The TMP editor got upset when I objected to his mishandling of a situation, then his attempt to turn it into something personal when I pointed out his lack of professionalism. It would appear that this action justifies that stance.

Im not sure which nation you are trying to represent, or from which time period. At a guess it is Norwegians from the mid 1980s (aka ‘Team Yankee’ period, or as we prefer to call it, Cold War gaming which was around for decades before a certain set of rules appeared) in which case they had the metal M1 helmet and AG3 (like the G3 but an open stock) so you’re probably best looking at the Cold War Germans with the G3/MG3 mix. Our Canadian range is equipped with the L1A1 (SLR), so not quite suitable, depending on how fussy you are at 15mm.

The FN Scar didn’t enter service until about 2009 (Belgians) which suggests you are looking at more modern actions, in which case they would be in a Kevlar helmet.

QRF Models Limited
    www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

Participant

GoeffQRF is a great guy.

Great figures too

Participant

thinking ultramodern/today2017?

have some of your canadian and dutch coldwar nice thanks for info on cold war norwegian always puzzled by webbing could never see back of straps/webbing good to know germans will do

Participant

If you are looking at ultramodern Norwegians then the helmet is wrong, looks like they have gone to a Kevlar.

The current Norwegian rifle is the HK416, which (especially at this scale) looks similar to the M4.

Our modern Americans are probably the closest.

QRF Models Limited

Participant

finally got the name of norwegian helmet  was really bugging me .  0ps-core fast  from wiki combat helmets page

Participant

I used the QRF ‘Germans’ to represent Danes, with the G3 etc. They are very usable figures, and would work well for Cold War up till the transition to Kevlar helmets, though even afterwards, add enough foliage and the helmets are indistinguishable. (There are plenty of pictures of Danes on manoeuvres where they look like they are wearing a haystack on their head.

The QRF range managed to score me a painting prize at Targe 2017, so they have something going for them!

QRF - Danish Conversions

--An occasional wargames blog: http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/ --

Participant

The QRF range managed to score me a painting prize at Targe 2017, so they have something going for them! 

Well I am liking that a lot!

QRF Models Limited

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.