Home Forums Modern 15mm Modern USMC Test Figures

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Well, Saturday was too busy to get anything done, and the time I had Sunday I spent painting instead of playing. I recently finally made a purchase of 15mm Peter Pig Modern USMC after online stalking them for over a year. As I’ve been very much into skirmish gaming lately, I bought enough of these little Piggy troops to make up four different skirmish forces of about a platoon each. They were easy to clean up and mount, so I primed them and painted up four test figures, one for each force, as each force will be in different uniform for different clime and/or era.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QWaINZOA1aA/Vu8vha7ewFI/AAAAAAAAVHw/MuPsktjWR3sz-VxinwzztViU7-WceqlIQ/s1600/IMG_5661.JPG
    And here they are, the four testers for the four different forces. From left to right, we have a guy all set up for some Arctic warfare, then a guy in temperate MARPAT, then desert MARPAT, and finally a guy in desert tri-color. The arctic and temperate guys are probably self explanatory, but the reason for having desert troops in MARPAT and tri-colors is for use in different eras. The MARPAT guy will be 2004 and later, while the tri-color guy will be used between Desert Storm and early OEF/OIF, including Somalia in ’91.

To see a bunch of closeups, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/03/15mm-modern-usmc-test-figures.html

What I’m thinking to do is follow a platoon through various fictional, modern-day contingency operations which can take them all over the world using Five Men at Kursk (modified for modern), which is the reason for the winter, temperate, and desert forces. I’m not sure if I’m going to lump this under the Cuba Libre umbrella or start something different, maybe just a modern USMC MEU.

Please let me know what you think.

**NOTE: Not sure what’s going on, but all the radio buttons are gone so I can’t add my photo.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

You did a great job considering the figures you had to work with. Glad you posted I was going to send out a search party!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.