Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi 15mm Mos Eisley Landing Platform FINISHED

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here is the next thing I’m going to build.  I started collecting the wood already.  I’m going to use a door from GZG miniatures.  The hardest part will be getting it to match my Brigade Miniature buildings.  I want to keep it as simple as possible, rather than building a ‘pit’ style docking bay.

Keymaster

Does this mean you have a model of the Falcon?

Participant

Mike, there is a 1/72 kit & possibly a 1/144 plastic version knocking around & there are a number of ‘Falcon sized’ ships commercially available. Not sure what Ben has though.

One alternative to a pit would be a raised dais of some description, possibly with a low wall around it and buildings to taste. This is a 28mm of what I’m thinking of. The original model is part of someone’s project on LAF, apologies as I can’t remember the member’s name offhand.

Technically I have one and ‘a bit’ Millennium Falcons in this photo, neither is anything like 1/1oo though!

Participant

In my defence I drew the Falcon from memory!

I do have a small Falcon, and a small Slave 1. Undersized for 15mm, but okay by my standard.   Both have sound effects, which is a silly bonus.   I want to match it to my Brigade stuff so it will have to have a dome, circular shaped, and Art Deco.  I’ve already gotten some mdf circles.  I’m going for simple as I feel this project is running out of steam.

10mm falcon by oldben1[/url], on Flickr

Hallmark Slave 1 by oldben1[/url], on Flickr

Thanks for the examples, I think that’s JimBibbily’s model.  It was pretty fantastic.  I’ll keep those in mind.  I think I can get it built today at lunch.

Participant

Here is the basic construction with a little paint.  Needs more weathering and posters.  I feel it’s a little plain.  The building in the second picture is the one I want to match with.

Keymaster

So which bits are commercial and which bits you made yourself?

Participant

Looks good. Agree about adding some weathering etc.

Participant

Just the door from GZG is commercial.  The rest is wood and pong balls.

Participant

Surprisingly, not superhappy with the results. The platform is too big compared to the rest of my models. Oh well.

I added some Aurebesh posters, and a platform number.  Added some darker brown washes, especially near the base.

Untitled by oldben1[/url], on Flickr

I also added some doohickies to make it look more scientific.

Untitled by oldben1[/url], on Flickr

Participant

Looks very cool to me.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.