Home Forums Air and Sea Naval 15mm PBR Comparison

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian Weathersby
    Participant

After a month long slump, there is a new post up on my blog. On the “Other Gaming Items: Vietnam” page, I have posted a look at the currently available 15mm Patrol Boat River kits. As always, please drop by and comments are appreciated.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    Who maketh my spirit to shine
    --Warren Zevon

kyoteblue
    Participant

Got a link to your blog? I have the BF PBR’s.

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

KB,

For some reason I always forget that.  I’m going to have to put it in my signature line or something.  The address is: https://mymodelsailingships.blogspot.com .  Once there, go to the “Other Gaming Items: Vietnam” page, and it’s the second entry.  I’m glad you said something, because the page wasn’t showing up on the blog.

EDIT:  The BF models are the only ones I don’t have.  I’d be interested in hearing your opinion of them.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Brian Weathersby. Reason: additional comment

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Etranger
    Participant

Nice review. I’ll get around to grabbing some pibbers one day…

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Why thank you!  I try and review things in such a way that the reviews will be useful to gamers.  That’s why I will do a follow up on constructing the two PBRs that aren’t built yet.  I will probably put that on the main page of the blog though.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Great review!  I have several different Gomi boats, having tossed the BF ones I had initially as the Gomi offerings were far superior.  I really need to get them all finished too…

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

kyoteblue
    Participant

I’m ok with the BF PBR’s they do the job I need them to do. But the others are very nice.

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

That’s kind of why I ended the review the way I did.  If you want cheap and cheerful, then Peter Pig or Battlefront is the way to go.  If, though, you want something more then there are other options.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Thanks Darby!  I prefer the Gomi boats (I have a Tango Boat from him too) to the competition.  The only thing I’ve seen that makes me waver is the AiM PBR model.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.