Home Forums Modern 15mm Private Military Contractors

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

I recently watched the movie “13 Hours,” regarding the attacks on the US Special Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi, Libya, on 11 September 2012.  While I found the movie a bit depressing and very frustrating, I was also inspired for a bit of wargaming.  Not likely a replay of the events that day, I tend to stay away from real life stuff, but something close, historical fiction inspired by reality, if you will.  For that matter, I’ve also recently had an eye towards the movies “Lone Survivor” and “Tears of the Sun” for the same purposes.

In any case, I had a yearning to paint up some modern PMCs, and so I began perusing figures I’ve got lying around.  I came close to using some Peter Pig Modern USMC or Modern Israelis, but neither seemed to fit the bill.  But then I gave another look to some Eureka Modern Australians I had lying around and thought, “ya know, those might work.”  Well, let me know what you think; did they work?

A small, 6-man team of contractors, or maybe even Special Operations guys, in civilian attire with military weapons and gear, based up to work for desert and temperate climes.
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/07/15mm-private-military-contractors.html

Not sure when these guys will see the table; I’ve got plenty going on already and nothing really planned for them.  I’ve got another post to make with my GHQ microarmor for WWII East Front, and then I’ve got two batreps to post.  Number one is the boy and I played our first WWII East Front game (the campaign will be called ‘Panzer Aces’), and then I played the fourth game of Royal Marines in Afghanistan.  But…  for the first time ever I had camera/computer problems and I lost some pictures.  Twenty-eight pictures, to be exact.  Somehow I took and downloaded the first twenty pictures, lost twenty-eight, and then downloaded the last picture.  There’s no way I’m going to post the batrep without those pics, so it looks like I’ll be going back upstairs to recreate the fight from my notes and take pictures.  Doesn’t sound like much fun…

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Those look great Just Jack and could be of use in The Sultanate of Ifat !!!! I understand about the missing pictures, as my camera and computer are not talking to each other !!!!
    I’ll look forward to your AAR’s.
    I got beat by the Commies yesterday but made them pay for it !!!!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

The Aussie-contractors are just the ticket! If your looking for more irregular contractors check out Khurasan Miniatures Contractors.

http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/pmc.jpg

Flytrap’s generic mercenaries might be an option too.

Kyoteblue:

Give us details on your Fulda Gap thread! Dish dude!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

Kyote – Speaking of the Sultanate, how about it buddy?  We haven’t seen any action from them in quite some time.  I guess tomorrow night I’ll have to go upstairs and re-create the fight for those 28 photos…

Rod – I’m not really a fan of Khurasan, and I can’t find any mercenaries from Flytrap.  I do see they’ve recently (at least since the last time I looked) added Taliban support weapons and Scenario Pack #5 with more Taliban and new poses for the Royal Marines.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

You know I should get back to Ifat…..

Rod Robertson
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Jack:</p>
    They are the M.E.R.C. Pasdaran Rifle Squad pack from Flytrap’s Warfighter line. They might also do as Soviet Bloc Cold War infantry from the GDR.

http://www.flytrapfactory.com/shop-warfighter.html

Kyoteblue:

Mistress Elvira’s School for Wayward Girls has been in limbo for too long. When are you finally going to get to rescuing those poor innocent waifs from the diabolical clutches of Bongo Haram?

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

After the Grand Daughter goes home and I get some mowing done….maybe I can start setting something up again……

Just Jack
    Participant

Rod – Ah, yes, I see what you’re talking about.  They look good to me for some Middle Eastern regulars, but not really the look I’m after for PMCs.

John – Hurry up 😉

V/R,

Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

I want to thank you for costing me money. While looking up the MERC figures on Flytrap’s website I blundered across the Skirmish Sangin Scenario #5 pack. Well, I bought it but with shipping so high from NZ I could not justify just the one purchase so I bought more Taliban! I don’t need more Taliban! But I could not help myself! I now have almost 150 Taliban figures plus technicals and crews! And now I’ve bought more!

Well seeing this clear imbalance in forces I went to Khurasan and bought two packs of their modern military contractors. But with shipping so high from the US I could not Justify just the two packs so I bought US mortars, TOW’s, HMG’s, more BTR-60PB’s, more BMP-1’s, etc. the list goes on! Luckily I was able to stop before I bought a company of 1980’s Soviet Infantry and a company each of BMP-2’s and BTR-80’s or the bill would have skyrocketed.

Thus, I’m now in the hole to the tune of $225.00 CD all because of six Eureka Aussies! Now, I could blame this on a profound lack of self-control on my part, but I prefer to shift the blame onto you as an enabler! And now I find myself wondering if any manufacturer makes Taliban on motorcycles with single and double crews! Damn you, sir, for waving a red cape in front of someone who is so clearly full of bull!

Cheers from the poor-house.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

Don’t worry, I can take the blame.  But it’ll cost you that Scenario Pack #5 😉

I absolutely can’t spend any more money for awhile.  I’m poor and got too much already!

But Old Glory does 15mm Taliban motorcycles…

V/R,

Jack

Paul
    Participant

Nice. My Rebel Minis PMCs do need some reinforcements…

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

“But Old Glory does 15mm Taliban motorcycles…”

Ya bast’rd! I’ll get you for that Jack! Somehow, some way, I’ll getcha!

Old Glory you say,… Gotta go!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Paul, resist! I know you know this is a downward spiral into penury and base-metal poisoning. Stop while you still can! Look away from the Jack!

I gotta go to look at motorcycles.

Be strong man, don’t be a marshmallow like me!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

I just looked at the Fire Force Taliban from OG-UK. I’m gonna drop more money because of you on more Taliban, more technicals, motorcycles, pack-mule trains, MRL’s and Ancient Gauls and Dacians! Damn your hide, sir. This will be my undoing!

Rod “in the poor-house” Robertson.

No cheers for you!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Oh the money we spend………..I’m looking at buying some West Germans…….NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just Jack
    Participant

Keep blaming me; when should I expect Scenario Pack #5? 😉

I will be ordering them, but I need to wait a bit, got a long way to go before I need them.

John – I think you meant East Germans, ya old Commie 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.