Home Forums Modern 15mm QRF/Peter Pig?Eureka size comparisons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone have any size comparisons for QRF/Peter Pig and Eureka miniatures 15mm Modern figures they can share please?

I have purchased some WW2 Peter Pig before, but they were way too small compared to Eureka, and I was wondering if the same problem would occur with their (and QRF) modern ranges.

thanks in advance.

Participant

I think (and I could be wrong) that Peter Pig will be smaller than QRF and way smaller than Eureka.

Participant

Eureka, Peter Pig, QRF. Eureka is slightly slighter, but I wouldn’t hesitate to use them together

Participant

Sweet – looks fine to me.

Are all the Peter Pig the same size? I am thinking of getting some USMC and FFL.

Participant

Outstanding painting on those figs Barks old Chap!

BTW, can thoroughly recommend the Peter Pig USMC – beaut figs which I have been looking forward to painting for some time – only now I’ve been put off by Bark’s stellar work!

http://sparkerswargames.blogspot.com.au/
    'Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall need to be well 'ard'
    Matthew 5:9

Participant

The PP USMC, FFL, African Militia types, and WWII Germans all seem to be pretty consistent with respect to height.  Just compared standing figs for each, and there was maybe two hundreds of an inch difference between any of them.

Participant

Sweet – looks fine to me. Are all the Peter Pig the same size? I am thinking of getting some USMC and FFL.

Can’t comment on the modern range but the WWII figures have grown in recent years.

Participant

I’ve got nothing more recent than Vietnam era figures for the three manufacturers but IMHO for those ranges they’re broadly compatible, with a lot of the apparent difference being in the base thickness, which a few strokes with a file soon fixes.

Participant

Does anyone have any size comparisons for QRF/Peter Pig and Eureka miniatures 15mm Modern figures they can share please?
    <p data-wr_replaced=”true”>I have purchased some WW2 Peter Pig before, but they were way too small compared to Eureka, and I was wondering if the same problem would occur with their (and QRF) modern ranges.</p>
    <p data-wr_replaced=”true”>thanks in advance.

</p>
    <p data-wr_replaced=”true”></p>
    <p data-wr_replaced=”true”>No pictures though I could grab one if you need, but I have Eureka modern aussies and russians, Peter Pig vietnam and QRF cold war and I’d not hesitate to put them next to each other.</p>

Participant

Thanks for the replies – it sounds like I can use the figures… maybe I will buy a pack from PP and QRF to test the waters though

Participant

Well, two packs will set you back what? 8 bucks plus shipping? Not too bad 🙂

Participant

I have lots of Peter Pig miniatures from their AK47 range. The oldest figures are as small as the WWII figures, but the newer USMC, Israeli and Arab minis are bigger and bulkier. The USMC in particular are also very pleasing to the eye. I have a much smaller number of QRF and Old Glory moderns and the Peter Pig minis mix well with them. I can’t comment on the Eureka minis – yet…

Participant

Ooh thanks Catullus! You just reminded me that I have a pack or two of the PP IDF figures that I can compare.

Participant

Shelldrake:

You might also have a look at Flytrap Factory and Rebelminis figures. I have a mix of Flytrap and PP marines for a Marine Platoon and a Canadian Platoon. I have Rebelminis US Infantry and some PP marines for a US. Infantry Platoon. Flytrap makes some nice Taliban fighters and civilians as well.

In my experience the PP Marines are larger than other PP offerings and so work well with the Rebelminis and Flytrap miniatures. The Flytrap Taliban work well with the Rebelminis Taliban but both sets lack heavy weapons so some Old Glory or QRF minis will be needed to supplement the figures I have.

Peter Pig is probably your best bet for Modern FFL but their range is somewhat limited. The figures are small but as they seem to be the only range available AFAIK that should not be a problem.

Going from largest to smallest my experience is that Khurasan figures are big, Flytrap figures are shorter but very solid castings, Rebelminis are tall but thin, Old Glory are mid range as are QRF, PP are generally small but their Marines are quite large compared to the rest of their range and Eureka are the smallest.

Cheers.

Rod Robertson

Participant

The PP foreign legion figures are outstanding but I wish they had a few more poses of infantry available. I get really particular about that in skirmish gaming.

Finding a 15mm Leclerc though? No dice so far :/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.