Home Forums Modern 15mm Rebel Minis Modern US Infantry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

Continuing my series of posts showcasing various manufacturer’s modern 15mm offering, I hereby present Rebel Minis’ Modern US Infantry. The figs are relatively cheap, well cast (clean), nice and chunky with plenty of gear, though detail on a few of the rifles is a little soft. Overall, excellent figures that I’m happy to have, and they painted up quick and easy.

I plan on using them as Rangers for Somalia in 1993, though this is not correct as all the M-16s have ACOGs on them; the figures look to be perfect for 2001 to maybe 2006 or 7, and so I painted them up in the Desert Tri-Color cammies; I think it turned out well, except all the troops look like they just left Cash Sales (for the uninitiated: they all look like they’re wearing brand new uniforms, the colors are too crisp, no fading at all). I painted them as having Interceptor vests, but in Woodland camo as common in 2003, and as the Rangers’ “RBA” in 1993, and black (as opposed to sand-colored) goggles.

A look at some squad leaders. To see the whole force, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/08/forces-for-modern-middle-east-part-3.html

Great troops, and Mike at Rebel Minis was a pleasure to deal with, and very quick! I’ll be posting more soon, but for now I’m off on another mini-vacation with the family, so everybody take care and be back soon. I can’t help myself, so I’ll be checking the forums and blogs on my phone, so feel free to comment 😉

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

I really like Rebel Miniatures and yes Mike is super easy to deal with and fast. Oh and Just Jack….they make a police call box in 15mm……

kyoteblue
    Participant

Some one got hacked…..

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

Those Rebel Minis US Infantry are great little sculptures aren’t they. I’ve got a platoon of them primed and waiting for paint. Can’t wait to get them done and your figures are very inspiring. Thanks for the impetus to keep going when I’m bogged down in Taliban and WW II tanks. Bravo!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

Kyote – Got hacked???

Rod – Thanks man, and yeah, the Rebel Minis troops are excellent.  I’ve got a bunch more to post when I get to them, so stay tuned.  And good luck with your Taliban and tanks.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

No I didn’t but some other guy did the post was deleted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.